Friday, September 14, 2007

Map of Mt. Moriah Cemetery, Philadelphia, PA



Way back in 1987, before there was so much concern with privacy and records were more easy to obtain, I had contacted Mt. Moriah Cemetery to get any information they had on Dougan burials. For a fee they did the research and sent me a wonderful listing that included the name, age at death, date interred and grave site. I doubt very much you would be able to do this today with all the privacy restrictions.

This photo is a copy of the map that was sent along with the information. I was easily able to find each grave I was interested in.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Morning, Thank you for posting the MM Map. Just for your (and anyone else who reads your blog) information The Friends of Mount Moriah have a website: www.MountMoriahCemetery.org. They have a few Section maps posted as well as many photos of stones. Findagrave.com also has many photos. The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania has (for members) a database of all burried there. Many of the Friends are also members and would be happy to do lookups. Kate Pitluck - KateP215@aol.com

Erma Walsh said...

Hello, Kate. Thanks for your info. It has been over a year since I visited the Friends of Mount Moriah website. I see that they have changed it quite a bit and added more to it. Findagrave.com is one of my favorites; have found lots of photos there as well as posted many photos myself.

Erma