Hopewell Cemetery pg 1: "Hopewell Cemetery Contributed by Susan Patton Hopewell
Cemetery is located five miles west of Pinckneyville, Illinois, on Highway 154, then South on small side road, to a hill covered with stately trees. A sign is posted along the highway. The first burial date was before 1830. Some of the area's earliest settlers are buried here. The Hopewell Cemetery Association was organized June 2, 1970, to maintain and preserve this cemetery. Hopewell Presbyterian Church, which no longer stands, bordered the east side of the cemetery. The Church was built in 1831. By 1885, the parishioners had increased and a new church was built , called Four Mile Presbyterian Church, leaving the old one abandoned."
For the legend that goes with the above picture visit the web site by clicking on the above link.